If you’re like most people, you have to carefully monitor your finances to determine what products are worth purchasing and which ones are not. And you’ve probably seen one or more brands of gutter covers being advertised on the Internet. Maybe you’ve wondered whether these gutter covers provided a valuable function or were simply a waste of money.
However, gutter covers can make your life as a homeowner a whole lot easier. Here are seven ways that they accomplish this:
- Never clean your gutters again! Debris from the roof and overhanging trees won’t slide or float into your gutters. Instead, they’ll be repelled by the gutter covers and fall harmlessly to the ground. So you won’t have to worry about nasty clogs ever again.
- You’ll be able to enjoy either more time or money. Gutter cleaning can take the better part of a weekend day. Or it can cost you anywhere from $75 to $250 to hire someone else to do it depending on how much guttering you have. With gutter covers eliminating the need to clean your gutters, you’ll either enjoy more free time or have more money in your pocket.
- You won’t have to put yourself in danger by getting up on a ladder. Since you no longer have to worry about gutter cleaning, you won’t have to subject yourself to potential injury by climbing up to scoop debris out of your gutters. That means you won’t become one of the tens of thousands of Americans who visit emergency rooms each year due to falls from ladders.
- You don’t have to concern yourself with foundation damage caused by runoff water. If your gutters are clogged with debris, rainwater and melted snow or ice has nowhere to go, and often spills over the gutter’s edge onto the ground near your home. Over time, that can seep into your foundation and cause buckling, cracking or shifting; which in turn may cost thousands of dollars to repair.
- You can reduce the chances of flooded basements or landscaping. Even a single rain event with dysfunctional gutters can significantly erode landscaping. The misdirected rainwater can also find its way into your basements and cause interior damage. But with gutter covers, you needn’t lose any sleep over these troublesome scenarios.
- Animals won’t move into your gutters. Gutter covers prevent animals from building nests or dens inside your gutters. So the area’s birds, possums, rats, squirrels, raccoons, and feral cats won’t be able to construct a home there.
- Your gutters won’t buckle under the weight of hail or ice. If frozen water (in any form) accumulates inside your gutters, the excess weight can cause buckling, separation, or detachment of your gutter sections. But if the snow, hail, or ice cannot get into your gutters in the first place, then your gutters don’t have to handle any unusual stress.
Moonworks offers the most popular gutter covers on the market today: Gutter Helmet. These products are installed by certified Moonworks professionals, and they come with a guarantee that you’ll never have to clean your gutters again. So if you want to improve your quality of life, contact Moonworks today at 1-800-975-6666, or fill out our form, for a FREE, no-obligation estimate.