Now that we have discussed a little more in-depth about insulation including insulation terminology, facts, and types of insulation; I thought it would be appropriate to discuss why you need insulation. For this blog, Moonworks has provided a list of bite sized insulation facts for you to consume:
- Un-insulated or under-insulated attics can account for up to 40% of your home’s heat loss.
- Insulating your home to the appropriate R-value could instantly save you up to 20% on your yearly energy costs.
- According to the Department of Energy air leakage, moisture infiltration, and inadequate insulation are the leading cause of energy waste in older homes.
- Well-insulated and properly sealed houses are more comfortable than poorly insulated and drafty homes.
- Insulation is a great way to reduce outside noise.
- Insulation can keep you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- 30% Tax Credit for 2009 or 2010 – The U.S. government is offering a tax credit of 30% when you purchase home insulation this year.
If you haven’t already, be sure to check out the rest of our Insulation Blog Series here.