I was listening to NPR earlier this week and was instantly intrigued by a story on grass seed. I know this isn&;t usually a riveting subject, however, it is when you hear what Pearl&;s Premium Grass Seed can do. How would you like to have a lawn that needs little to no watering, minimal fertilizing, and only needs mowing once a month?
A few years back, Jackson Madnick, Founder Pearl’s Premium, set out to find a grass seed that left less of a negative impact on the environment. With the help of several grass scientists, Jackson created a patent pending seed mix that has r
evolutionized the lawn industry. The secret to Pearl&;s Premium is found in the seeds&; 12 inch root system. This deep root system allows the grass to reach deeper in the soil tapping into its natural moisture and nutrients. The mixture grows at a fraction of the rate of regular lawns, only requiring mowing once per month. It is available in both a sun and shade mixture.
What if I already have grass? How can I switch to Pearl&;s Premium?
You probably have thoughts of driving a backhoe onto your lawn and digging up all the old grass. While this would be an interesting sight, it is drastic and unneeded. To apply Pearl&;s Premium to your existing lawn just follow a few simple steps:
- Cut lawn extremely short (ideally, right down to the dirt with a dull blade)
- Rake away clippings and dislodged thatch
- Spread Pearl’s Premium seeds according to the concentration shown on the back of the bag
- Water in the morning for one month, then (if seeded in Spring) water once a week through first summer
- Once lawn is established, follow maintenance instructions closely
- Over-seed following season to accelerate transformation
Not convinced yet? Check out the Testimonials Page on the Pearl&;s Premium website or take a look at the video below.
Did you enjoy this article? Don’t be left out! Subscribe to our Blog by Email in the top right corner or by RSS by clicking here.
Photo Credit: Pearl&;s Premium Grass Seed